An Automation in Voxie is an automated action that can be triggered for a variety of reasons. You can set up an After-Hours Automation to let customers who text in know they will receive an answer when the business re-opens.
Why an After-Hours automation can be helpful
After-Hours automations can be helpful and enhance customer experience. If a customer texts in a question after the business has closed for the day, it will let the customer know when they should receive an answer. If your office is closed for a holiday and vacation, this is a great way to inform your customers their question or request will be answered when the office reopens.
How to set up an After-Hours Automation
Please follow these instructions to set up an After-Hours Automation:
- Log into Voxie and Click Automation -> Event-Based Rules on the top of the screen
- Click the green New Automation Rule button on the right-hand side
- For Rule Name, please name the Automation something easy to remember. Voxie recommends After Hours Automation
- For the Trigger Event, please select New Inbound Message
- Under Attribute Name, select Current Time
- Once Current Time is selected, more options will appear
- For each day of the week, you can adjust the day and the times to reflect when the office is not open
**Example: If your office is open from 9 am to 5 pm on Monday through Fridays, this is how to set up the automation for outside of those hours
- At the bottom, be sure to select your time zone
- After the times are set, click the green Action button
- On the next page is where you will set the out of office text that will be sent back to the customer
- Under Automated Action, select Respond to a Message
- Type in the Message you want to be sent
Ex: Here is the Voxie recommended response:
Thanks for reaching out. We’re presently closed. We’ll get back to you as soon as we open!
- After you are satisfied with how the message looks, click the Action is Live button to turn it green. This sets the automation live
- After the automation has been activated, Click the blue Create Automation Rule button in the bottom right-hand corner